The Special Events Director is responsible for both fundraising and the implementation of a comprehensive special event program that engages various audiences and builds key relationships with sponsors and attendees for Safe Haven’s signature events, Dancing for Safe Haven and Hike for Safe Haven. This position is two-pronged and includes securing sponsorship dollars as well as management of event logistics. This position will work to reach event fundraising goals by securing sponsorships and participation through ticket sales and event registrations. Beyond Safe Haven’s signature events, this position will also work with the CDO and Executive Director to engage potential future sponsors and attendees and may assist in cultivating and maintaining key relationships. This position also includes the oversight of smaller events benefiting Safe Haven throughout the year. Sales experience a plus.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Solicit sponsorship dollars from list of previous event supporters and solicit potential new donors.
- Work with co-chairs and committee members to assemble a “potential new donor target” list; service new donors with sponsorship collateral and follow up to close.
- Support sponsor solicitation by co-chairs and chief development officer (CDO), manage and fulfill sponsorship
- Work with the development team members and event chairs on strategies to increase sponsorship revenue and
- engagement from corporate donors.
- Create and maintain budgets for each of the signature fundraising events and track all vendor invoices for payment.
- Work with the administrative staff to use our fundraising management system, salesforce, to produce event and donor reports, perform analyses and research, and track prospects, sponsors and donors.
- Serve as primary point of contact for venue logistics including reviewing contracts, scheduling site visits, and managing overall venue relationships.
- Managing event logistics strategy, planning and implementation.
- Collaborate with volunteer manager on event volunteer needs both before, during and after events and assist with volunteer job descriptions and scheduling.
- Coordinate all event invitation list, invitations, attendance lists and assist in necessary follow-up. Proficiency with excel is a plus.
- Manage the implementation of calendar of events, monitoring progress of activity, planning and handling logistics for event chair meetings and correspondence for Dancing for Safe Haven and Hike for Safe Haven.
Dancing for Safe Haven:
- Direct and assist co-chairs with dancer selection, provide orientation for dancers and serve as primary point of contact.
- Work with Production company for event and support CDO with sponsor and VIP engagement.
- Collaborate with Marketing contractor, graphic designer and CDO on event invitations and promotions, sponsor solicitation materials, and other print materials as needed.
- Coordinate logistics for registration and crowd flow to include seating assignments.
- Coordinate Meet Your Dancer Happy Hour, Patron's Party and Thank You Party.
Hike for Safe Haven:
- Serve as point of contact for online registration, team building and communications to sponsors and attendees.
- Coordinate all logistics pertaining to the Hike; registration, actives, food, beverage, staging, audio, and vendor relations.
- Lead recruitment of team captains and teams and solicit recurring sponsorships as well as new sponsors.
- Coordinate events that support the Hike for Safe Haven such as Kick-off events at sponsor companies.
- Additional development and or administrative support functions as necessary.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PRE-REQUISITES:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience in fundraising and event management
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and attention to detail required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and success in nonprofit development/fundraising and event management
- Experience working with board members, volunteers, customers or other external constituencies.
- Strong people skills and emotional intelligence
- Detail oriented
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Proficient in Internet use and Microsoft Office products, as well as Salesforce or database experience preferred
- Ability to handle multiple demands from various entities along with high volume requests and rapid responses
- Maintain confidentiality when dealing with client, donor, and organizational information
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Work Environment: Office setting.
- Must be able to sit / stand for 8 hours.
- Walking, bending, light lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to travel to corporate settings.
No phone calls please.
Safe Haven is an equal opportunity employer.